The seeds of the university were sown when Kulmata, Bhagwati Devi Sharma (1926-1994) recognized the divine samskaras (spiritual vibrations) of this place. Her Holiness Vandaniya Mata ji felt the divine spiritual energy of this awakened land during Shraddhanjali Samaroh organized in 1990. Later on, this land was purchased. After the Bhoomi Poojan on 23rd May 1999, the construction work started and Dev Sanskriti Mahavidylaya came into existence. The college gained the status of ‘Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya’ on the basis of an act (22.01.2002) passed by state legislature and notified in the gazette vide notification no. (123/vidhayi & sansadiya karya/2002 dated 11-4-2002). The university is recognized by University Grant Commission, India under the 1956 act section 2(F), has also been duly certified by ISO 9001 : 2008 on 27.01.2014 and accredited by NAAC.