Started in the year 2005, the Department is just in its infancy stage. So the considerable achievements are its distant future, the reflection of which can be overviewed from the initiatives, activities and the feedback of the last 5 years -
1. The well trained students have been accepted by different media houses. As such All the pass out students have obtained good jobs.
• Their professional performance have been impressive.
• Their Hard work, discipline and refined manners have got wide appreciation.
2. As such, the Product of DSVV’s JMC Department is evolving as a Unique Brand.
3. By the end of the course students’ news reports are getting space in leading newspapers and magazines.
4. In Print Media Students are working as reporters and sub editors in – Dainik Jagran, Amar Ujala, Dainik Bhasker, Rajasthan Patrika, Vyapaar Bhasker, Aaj Samaj, DLA, Navjytoti, Daily News, Desbandhu etc.
5. In Elecronic Media, they are working as news reader, reporter, editor, production incharge and anchor in – DD, India news, S1, Pragya Channel, Matrix Multimedia etc.
6. Adventurous Trekking Tours under Travelogue is also a special feature of the Department.
7. Tri-monthly Newspaper Sanskriti Sanchar being published since Jan 2009.
8. Department students are participating in anchoring, news reading in the quarterly Video magazine “Yug Pravah”.
9. Under Educational Tour and Workshop students are given wide exposure of the Media houses and interaction with the leading media professionals.
10. As such the places visited during last 5 years are – IIMC Delhi, Jamia Millia, Pantnagar University, Parliament, Election commission, DD, AIR – Delhi & Nazibabad, NDTV, Pragya Channel, India Today, Dainik Bhaskar, Dainik Jagran, Rashtriya Sahara, Amar Ujala, Rajasthan Patrika, Hindustan.
11. Other places visited under Educational Tour – Neel Kantha Mahadev, FRI-Dehradoon, Budha Temple-Clementown, Rober Cave – Guchu Pani, Tapkeshwar Mahadev, Mussoorie, Jaipur (Rajasthan), Noida, Delhi.