The courses offered are –
1. Master in Journalism & Mass Communication (MJMC) – 2 years Post Graduation course.
2. Diploma in Journalism & Mass Communication (DJMC) – 1 year PG Diploma course.
Special Features of the Course –
The course designed is in accordance with UGC guidelines under the expert guidance of reputed academicians and leading Professionals from industry. It is a blend of Theory and Practical work. The main Objective of the course is –
1. To develop the Professional competency of the students.
2. Refinement of their Personality.
3. Integral development of Personality.
4. Infusing the spirit of Social commitment.
5. To propagate value based Journalism as a force of positive and creative change.
To develop the Professional competency of the students, along with the theoretical study, due emphasis is given on the Practical side and the contemporary aspects. Its salient features are -
1. Monographs and Research project in all semesters.
2. Dissertation in final Semester.
3. Specialization of beats in 4th semester.
4. Reporting on the weekend days.
5. 3-weeks Field training.
6. Weekly seminar & group discussion.
7. Media Workshops.
8. Educational Trips of different Media houses.
9. Interaction with masses and classes at different level under reporting, research work and educational tours.
10. Event management at University level.
11. Anchoring opportunity for aspirants in EMD’s video magazine.
12. TV’s field training at Different TV Channels.
13. Practical Reporting and Editing experience through Departmental Newspaper