Pandit Shri Ram Sharma Acharya has written at a place that the mission of his life has been to establish scientific spirituality. To make this end meet he has written volumes and also some small tracts. A number of his articles to establish the subject have been published in Akhand Jyoti as well. The studies and research in Brahmvarchas were initiated to combine the activity of Science and Spirituality. He had a dream of an ideal university which, of course, could be established only after a few years after his demise. In order to give an impetus to his mission it was considered appropriate to establish the department of Scientific Spirituality in Dev Sanskriti University.
The Honorable Chancellor Dr. Pranav Pandya and Shri Jitendra Tiwari a reputed scholar of Brahmvarchas and a prominent personality of Dev Sanskriti University took a lead in the direction and the department of Scientific Spirituality came into existence with effect from April 1, 2007. Dr. B.P. Shukla, Retired HOD physics, of Gurukul Kangri University, Haridwar; who had a keen interest in Spirituality and Vedic Literature in addition to his subject was appoint as Professor and Head of this department. It is also worth mentioning that he had already guided research work for Ph.D. degree to Ku. Shambhavi Mishra in this university on a subject which combine both Science as well as Spirituality.
The main objective behind this venture is as follows:
- To eradicate superstition prevailing I the society due to unscientific and irrational beliefs.
- To spiritualize humanity.
- To establish moral/ethical value in human society.
- To check the unscrupulous exploitation of nature.
- To analyze and understand that the immoral thoughts. Words and actins are largely responsible for natural calamities.
- To explain that mental pollution is at the helm of all kinds of pollution explicit in nature.
- To realize that human beings/living beings are intrinsically one.
- To establish communal harmony and peace in human society.
- The noble feelings of patriotism and nationality seem to be taking as awkward shape of hatred among Nations resulting in mad arms race endangering the existence of human race itself. Scientific spirituality can play a vital role to bring about a chance in the situation by awakening the conscience of those who are at the helm of affairs.
- To set up the foundation for the formation of ‘World Govt.’, which will finally root out the possibility of any war among Nations.
- In the united world all our resources shall be deployed for the welfare of whole humanity which unfortunately is not happening in the present situation.
- The noble aim Ham Badlenge-Yug Badlega of Akhil Vishwa Gayatri Pariwar founded by Acharya Sri Ram Sharma can be fully realized through scientific spirituality.
Since the research was being carried out in the filed of cosmos, it was deemed proper to start the department of cosmology in the year 2009. Ironically this has been the international year of Astronomy as declared by UNO. Now the departments are working in a combine manner and the new department has been named the department of Cosmology and Scientific Spirituality.
- Department facilities:
The department has a unique library with subject related books. Department has a telescope, Personal computers with internet connection.
- Career Opportunities
Scientific Spirituality facilitates the students in developing positive attitude towards the practical issues of the society. A holistic approach will emerge in every aspect of their lives. It develops research skill that promotes a deeper understanding of Integration of Science and Spirituality. It also enhances leadership abilities in them to lead in social reformation activities in forming a healthier, more value based and scientifically more prosperous society.