For achieving the objectives, the department offers following courses and concurrently operates special sessions and allied activities.
1) 9 days constructive training session :The 9 days session commences from 29th day of each month except February. Usually after February ,it commences from March 1st for 9 days . This is a short term training session and meant for educating the trainees (specially rural peoples) on rural problems and their practical solutions, unemployment and its alleviational measures, co operation and community attitude, village/small industries ,sustainable and self sufficient farming, water resources and their conservation, cow keeping and its impact, rural health, environmental and rural management. The incumbent should be literate. No age limit but should have attended 9 days Sanjivani Sadhana Satra.
2) 45 days self reliant rural development training course : This Rachnatmak Prakoshtha certificate course commences from 1st day of July/September/November, January and March up to the 15th day of the following month. The 10th pass candidates should have attained the age of 21 years and he/she should not be above 60 years. He/She should have attended either Yug Silpi session or Pariwrajak session successfully. Yagya and Deep Yagya knowledge is necessary.
After the session, 3 month Samaydaan is essential under the direction of the Department. Admission on the basis of interview but preference is given to workers of rural back ground and Gayatri Pariwar. The course includes the basic and applied aspects of farm management, animal husbandry, rural industries, primary health care, rural education and village pilgrimages along with environmental awareness, women employment and eradication of rural ill traditions and de addiction.
3) 15 days cow culture shed /self reliance training sessions : In conformity with the mandatory provisions of the University and department, special session is operated from 16th day of August, October, December, February and April for 10th pass students having some experience of cow culture operations. Age between 20 to 60 years. All aspects of cow keeping and management are looked into the session.
4) 6 months certificate course on rural management and entrepreneurship development - (Rural Management & Entrepreneurship)
The realistic, holistic and sustainable development of India is undoubtedly based on the overall and balanced upliftment of rural masses. Hence, Yug Rishi Pandit ShriRam Sharma AcharyaJi initiated his Yug Nirman Yojna which embodies a realistic model of rural improvement guided by the principle of the philosophy of Gram Teerth. Hence, a course on rural management and entrepreneurship development is being offered in this department of DSVV. The course is focusing on basic and practical aspects of rural management, entrepreneurship, agriculture , cow culture, bee keeping , holistic health management of rural people and domestic animals and education also incorporating the effective linkages between farm production and small industries and also the salient features of Gram teerth Yojna and its long lasting effects on sustainable societal development. The course has tremendous potential of providing job/self employment to rural masses leading to national development in totality. Self employment opportunities lie in areas like alternative agriculture, organic farming, village/small scale industries sector, live stock development, honey industry, herbal farming, food processing, post harvest technology, rural artisanal activities being run/financed by various NGOs, central and state governments and corporate organizations.
5) 6 months certificate course on water resources : conservation and management (Water Resources Conservation & Management)
Water has attained the position of the most precious natural resource for sustaining the life, societal development and environmental conservation. However, due to poor and unscientific harvesting and indiscriminate uses , its availability and quality both have reached a critical phase leading to disastrous situation. Our university has seriously responded to this man made problem and has started a course on basic and practical aspects of judicious conservation and management of water resources. The course has been designed to address the problems of the subject including hydrological cycle and its importance, different sources of water and their harvesting potential and practices, modern and traditional management techniques of water resources and environmental issues and social commitments. The successful pass out students will acquire employment potential in different organizations both in public and private sectors and also those working on PPP mode for nature and water conservation and management. It is apparent from the worsening situation that in near future state/central governments might need to appoint block level water conservation personnel to overcome such challenges. Our students of DSVV will be the most suitable human resources for such social requirements.
Beside above courses, the department has formulated a MSc. Degree course on organic herbal farming , their processing (for different systems of healing), inland marketing and global trade and we envisage to start it soon. This course follows a balanced path of farming ,processing and trading of medicinally potent herbs, shrubs, climbers and trees ultimately resulting in biodiversity. Conservation, forest protection, ecofriendly development based on the novel slogan of PPP(Produce,Process and Prosper).