School of Yog & Health
Shantikunj, Hardwar has been the pioneer organization to promote and propagate social, intellectual, ethical, cultural and spiritual renaissance at all levels. With the noble objective of reconstruction of divine Indian culture, it was founded by Param Pujya Gurudev Pandit Shriram Sharma Acharya and Vandaniya Mata Bhagawati Devi Sharma. Aimed at dissemination of the tenets of Dev Sanskriti, Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya, an illustrious institution, is a bright outcome of the seeds sown by Gurudev. This institute is headed by Dr. Pranav Pandya, the prominent scholar, an efficient role model of thousands whose vision and guidance has given a global perspective to DSVV. Highlighting its unique feature, the Chancellor Dr. Pranav Pandya narrates, “Its aim is to harmonize knowledge and genuine learning and thereby providing livelihood. This is the University where real human beings, ready to do something noble for the country and the world at large, are molded.” DSVV is recognized by UGC and had been established on the approval of the first elected legislature of Uttarakhand on April11, 2002.
School of Yoga & Health
After finishing successful years of its establishment the Dept. of Human Consciousness & Yogic Sciences has been converted 26 Dec. 08 to School of Yoga & Health under the directorship of Dr. Chinmay Pandya. The School of Yoga & Health has been playing a pivotal role in implementing the noble objectives of Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya. It really adds to our satisfaction that within the short period of six years of its inception, we have equipped more than 1100 students with theoretical as well as practical knowledge of ‘Yoga’ and presently around 350 students have been pursuing courses in Yogic Science under Graduate, Post Graduate, PG Diploma, Certificate and Ph.D. levels.
‘The holistic development of the students’ is our motto, which is being successfully carried out by the dedicated contribution of our skilled, efficient and competent faculty members. A good number of students have got placement in various related fields like yoga teaching, therapy, counseling and management.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
To develop, promote and propagate the scientific and Philosophical aspects of Yoga.
- To endeavor for high ethical standard in teaching and research in the field of Yogic Science.
- To develop and standardize the methods and curriculum for Yoga education, Research study, Therapy and Training.
- To undertake and promote the various aspects of Yogic Science for enhancing excellence in the field of Corporate management, Industries, Health managements by producing professional competence and human values.
- To disseminate the scientific information, research findings and contemporary application of Yoga through literature, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- To provide and promote all indigenous medicinal and healing services particularly Yoga and Ayurveda through Yoga Clinic and nationwide spot services.
ACADEMICIANS OF School of Yoga & Health:
We are proud to have a dedicated and intellectually competent team of Thirty Eight faculty members engaged in providing their services to teaching, guiding and illuminating the students. Within years of establishment of School of Yoga & Health, this noble team has established a bench mark in the field of yoga to win the great satisfaction and appreciation of our Chancellor, Dr. Pranav Pandya. School of Yoga & Health aims to embrace the true spirit of Indian education system. The key word of this system is ‘learn from the real Guru, which is proudly demonstrated by the faculty members.