This Faculty has Two Departments and One Centre:
Department of History and Indian Culture (Established in 2010)
Brief Background of the Department
The IHC department is a small and close-knit group conducive to fostering personal ties between students and faculty members. Currently, there are 4 full-time faculty members, 39 under graduate, 06 post graduate and 5 Ph.D. students in the department.
Special features of the department is that it hosts excellent resources for students, including fully stocked Aryabhatt Library, consisting of over 25,000 books and 1,000 journals as well as its own up-to-date computer lab. Students from the department have gained practical experience through a variety of departmental study tours all over India, to prominent heritage sites such as Madurai, Bhuvaneshwar, Kanyakumari, Sanchi and local sites of Haridwar. Requirements of their programme consists of—4 classes and one practical report on a monument or museum of the student’s choice— are conducive to independent study and collaboration, as well as close work with individual faculty members.
- Young, dedicated, sincere faculty members.
- Inspiring environment of the University campus in the form of natural spiritual ambience and green campus
- Rigorous educational activities in the form of frequent study tours,
- professional internship and opportunity to learn from acclaimed professionals
- High placement ratio
- The instinctive environment of the University offers easy access to the students to learn about exotic tourism packages such as spiritual tourism, health tourism and cultural tourism.