HOSTEL RULES AND REGULATIONS
These rules apply to both Boys and Girls Hostels.
The mission of DSVV is displayed at all important and strategic points in the hostel area. This dictum silently contributes to the healthy environment of commitment and discipline among the students. The students are encouraged to develop community life and inculcate the spirit of tolerance, thus taking care of their psychological and emotional problems and shape themselves to be better citizens. It is in this spirit and sense of direction that rules and regulations are framed carefully for orderly and peaceful living, and to make the students Good Samaritans and leaders of tomorrow. Life in hostels always provides many wits and fond memories and as such all efforts are made to make the living in hostels most memorable.
1. The students are not allowed to keep multimedia mobile phones, air coolers, musical instruments, music players, computers/laptops, electric irons or any electrical equipment without permission. Unauthorized possession will lead to confiscation of the goods & strict action can be taken.
2. Multimedia Mobile Phones are not allowed:
a. The Multimedia Mobile Phone is fully banned in the campus.
b. For communication, students can keep simple mobile handsets in their rooms only.
c. Students are not allowed to carry their phones outside the hostel premises.
d. If a student is found in possession of/using the mobile phone in campus it can be confiscated by any authority of the university for 15 days for the first time. If such instances are repeated, the mobile phone will be confiscated for the whole semester & disciplinary action will be taken.
e. Illegal, pornographic or adulterated contents in the form of books, magazines, pictures, movies etc. are strictly banned in the university campus. Possession of/watching such content will be considered as serious offence and strict actions will be taken against the student.
f. In case of suspicion, the wardens have the right to check the laptops/mobile phones of the students.
1. All the students of the hostel should take their food in the allotted mess time only.
2. The meal timings are displayed at the entrance of the dining hall.
Lunch: 10:00am – 11:30am Dinner: 05:00pm – 07:00pm
These timings are to be strictly adhered to. It is not obligatory on the part of the kitchen/dining hall staff to serve the meals outside the prescribed timings.
1. Food from mess for the students who are sick in Hostels can be procured after getting the written permission from the Mess Incharge / Warden / Estate Officer.
1. All hostel students (Boys & Girls) will vacate their rooms before proceeding on semester end vacations.
2. A separate cloak room will be made available to keep their belongings while proceeding on vacation. Personal belongings should be placed inside locked suitcases, trunks/boxes and should bear complete details. The items kept inside the room are to be entered in the note book kept by the in-charge of the cloak room.
3. Students who have kept their belongings in the cloak room should positively report on or one day before the reopening day and move to their respective rooms. Students who come late will not be entertained for any loss of property and will be penalized.
1. Medical dispensary is available in the campus.
2. Any hosteler, who is not well, should report to the Deputy Warden / resident Doctor for appropriate advice.
3. If the situation warrants, admission to an outside hospital as inpatient, the same is to be reported to the Chief Warden immediately.
4. If any sick hosteler requires special diet, the individual should inform the mess supervisor through the warden concerned for making suitable provisions.
Although the word ragging is unheard in the premises of Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya.
Ragging in any form (making unpleasant noise, disorderly conduct, doing any act which causes or likely to cause physical or psychological harm or raise apprehension or fear of shame or an embarrassment to the new student, which include teasing, abusing, playing practical jokes on or causing hurt to such students or asking the new student to do any act or to perform such things which such student will not in the ordinary course willingly do is strictly forbidden. If anyone is found guilty of ragging he/she will be expelled and also liable for prosecution.
All the rules and regulations given above are applicable to the Foreign Students as well. In addition, the following special rules are meant exclusively for foreign students.
1. If any student wants to leave the country on vacation or for any other purpose, the individual will submit a written application at least 15 days prior to the date of departure to the Pro Vice Chancellor to enable the office to obtain all the required clearances from the authorities concerned.
2. The application should have details such as (i) purpose (ii) duration of stay outside India (iii) full contact address with phone number.
3. No student shall leave the town without the written permission as indicated above. Failure will be treated as serious violation of rules and the appropriate authorities will be informed for pursuing further action.
The hostel management reserves the right to revise the rules and regulations from time to time and will keep the students informed of any changes in the form of notices on the hostel notice boards. Ignorance of rules will not be accepted as an excuse.
Any complaints, suggestions or enquiries are always welcome.
Contact Numbers+91-9258369877, 9258360763 (For General Enquiries)