“Waste is not a waste it is a misplaced resource.”
Emphasizing this concept Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya has run a Solid waste Management project in the university to achieve the clean and garbage free zone over here.
Wastes Garbage if disposed improperly and at unsuitable place then it becomes the cause of polluting the environment and give rise to several kind of fatal diseases but on the other hand if they are managed efficiently then they could become even the source of income and making the environment clean as well as reducing the cost of raw materials for the industries via recycling procedure so there requires the immediate need for waste management.
The most androus task in waste management is that of segregation. The separation of the different categories of wastes is the most difficult task one would find and sometime reject to do it. But without segregation wastes cannot become resource so segregation is the key in waste management. Here in DSVV every residential, offices hostels etc are provided with two types of bins one of blue color and other of green color.
The blue one collects the dry garbage and the green one collects the biodegradable wet garbage which is to be disposed off daily for cattle feed or for vermin composting and the dry ones are collected once in a week and are segregated and sold to the recycling industries receiving a handsome pay in return of it.
All the garbage from Shantikunj and university campus both separately the degradable and the dry wastes where degradable garbage are either dumped off manuring or send for cattle feed and dry ones are separated into different categories and then sold off.
- Terror of the monkeys which used attack on the garbage for food and sometimes attack the children is completely off.
- The intolerable bad smell coming off the degrading garbage is completely finished
- Cleanliness and hygiene is maintained at high level in the university.
- Awareness has been widely spread for the waste management in the University.
- “Gram Devatabhyo Namah” theme is turned out into reality
- Waste has been made as a source of income through several ways.
“To become the Role Model University in waste Management.”